Handicap Permits

If you are a Town or Village resident and in need of a permanent or temporary parking permit for people with disabilities, you may obtain such from our office. The NYS Department of Motor Vehicles application must be completed and returned to us. Part 1 is completed by the applicant and Part 2 is completed by the appropriate health care provider.

permanent permit which is valid for a five-year period and renewable in additional five-year increments may be certified by a Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner or a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine.

temporary permit, which may be issued for up to six months and renewed once for up to an additional six months, may be certified only by a Medical Doctor or a Doctor of Osteopathy. A photocopy of your driver's license must be submitted with each application.

Applications are available at the Town Clerk's Office or can be printed from the Department of Motor Vehicles website.

  • Only one (1) permit will be issued, however, the permit can be transported to any car so long as the individual to who the permit was issued is in the car.
  • Please remember to NOT have your permit hanging from the mirror when your car is in motion.
If Permit is Lost or Stolen

You must come into the Town Clerk's office to complete an affidavit of lost or stolen permit for a replacement to be issued.