Claims must be for $3,000 or less. The defendant must reside in or have a place of business in the jurisdiction of the Town of Catskill. Claims must be filed in person with the Court Clerk during business hours (no claims will be filed on Thursdays while court is in session). The plaintiff must prepare and present the proper paperwork and have it served.
- Anyone over 18 years of age can bring an action in Small Claims Court.
- If you choose, you may be represented by an attorney at your own expense, however, it is not necessary to have an attorney since Small Claims Court is meant to be a “people’s court” where claims may be tried speedily, informally, and inexpensively.
Filing Fees for Small Claims:
- $10.00 for claims up to $1,000
- $15.00 for claims ranging from $1,001 - $3,000
- Fees are payable when filed
Eviction Filing Fee: