Skip Navigation
  • Residents
  • Businesses
  • Vistors
  • I want to...
This table is used for column layout.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I handle a Traffic Summons?
Answer your notice by mail BEFORE the summons date.  Fill out all required information on the right hand side of your ticket.
Enter your plea-guilty or not guilty-in the appropriate box and mail it back to:
                            Catskill Town Court
                           441 Main Street
                           Catskill, NY 12414

Depending on your plea-Not Guilty-you will receive a notice with your Pre-Trial Conference date; Guilty-you will receive a fine letter with the amount to pay.  Acceptable forms of payment are Certified Checks or Money Orders made payable to Catskill Town Court; Cash; Visa or Mastercard.  Absolutely NO personal checks or business checks accepted.  

Requests for adjournment must be received at least seven days prior to the court date in writing either by post, email or fax.  

Suspension Notices:  What to Do

You must answer your New York State Department of Motor Vehicles notice in person before the suspension date listed on the notice.  Failure to do so will require a suspension lift fee in addition to any fines due.  This fee is mandated by the State of New York and is non-refundable.  

Small Claims Actions & Civil Suits

Claims must be for $3,000 or less.  The defendant must reside in or have a place of business in the jurisdiction of the Town of
Catskill.   Claims must be filed in person with the Court Clerk during business hours (no claims will be filed on Thursdays while
court is in session).  The plaintiff must prepare and present the proper paperwork and have it served.  

1.) Anyone over 18 years of age can bring an action in Small Claims Court.

2.) If you choose, you may be represented by an attorney at your own expense, however, it is not necessary to have an attorney since Small Claims Court is meant to be a “people’s court” where claims may be tried speedily, informally, and inexpensively.  

The Filing Fees for Small Claims are:

$10.00 for claims up to $1,000
$15.00 for claims ranging from $1,001 - $3,000

*Fees are payable when filed*

Eviction Filing Fees: